Couple other quick observations after reading/commenting a couple times ....
* When commenting, I was given the option to "Register" or just comment with my details attached. (AWESOME not being FORCED to register!) - However, it didn't seem like I could register by just authorizing via Facebook or Twitter connections. (i know Twitter's getting all Nazi-like with their API so this might not even be an option going forward)
* By entering my "everywhere" email address with my comment, it appears I have a persistent "profile" here at the site now. Cool enough! One question though: It's pulling in a profile image automatically that I did not designate. It looks like it's coming from Facebook but maybe my WordPress/Gravatar account?? Can't tell and that should be made more transparent to the user.
* Just edited my Profile page on my account. When I click "Update Settings" the ONLY visual confirmation that it even registered the *click* is way up in the SETT tool-bar up top and it's just text that flashes for a second. I clicked "Update Settings" three times before I noticed that out of the corner of my vision. Something needs to be added near the "Update Settings" button to confirm to the user it worked.
* After commenting on a post, I was sent an email alerting me to a new reply/comment. Not sure if I checked the "alert me to replies" box or not. I think I did because I was curious to see the UX associated with that. The email From Name was "SETT" and From Email was email@example.com via amazonses.com ... you should check with Tynan to see if you can better personalize any of that. At LEAST the From Name should be DanielOdio.com or something to that affect.
* Just an FYI, I noticed that most of your posts have user/SEO-friendly permalinks ... but some of them are "danielodio.com/uid/########" ... you should look into that. Google gives a lot of JUICE to the text in the URL.
That's all I've got for now .... still can't ever imagine recommending to a client anything besides WordPress and the surrounding development community for a project like this, but I'm still a sucker for an underdog so I'll continue to watch and engage to see how this works out for you!
Anyone else here have other ideas/observations/hacks/tweaks??
Subscribe to DROdio
Get new posts sent to you. If you change your mind later, unsubscribe with one click.
You're a member of this community! Use the buttons on the right to vote on this post or share it with others. Or leave a reply below.