And it has been the craziest launch I have ever participated in.
I don't have a lot of time to write now, since we're still working until 4am to handle the rush. I'll write some updated blog posts later dissecting the launch and what we as a team have learned from it.
But suffice it to say that the amazing launch press we've gotten sums it up, including TechCrunch, Mashable, Guy Kawasaki, Seth Godin, Robert Scoble, Geoff Livingston, and many others. Complete press list below.
These are the points I'll be delving into in more detail later:
Outsourcing finally pays off for small businesses, including the following ones, which saved us:
More on the value of Twitter:
- speed of support
Lessons on going with your gut
How to be fast & efficient in your work, including:
- taking screenshots
- keyboard shortcuts
- TechCrunch: http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/01/06/appmakr-make-your-own-iphone-apps-for-just-two-bills/
- Mashable: http://mashable.com/2010/01/04/appmakr/
- MobileCrunch: http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/01/03/appmakr-transforms-app-store-landscape-enables-anyone-to-make-their-own-iphone-app/
- Seth Godin: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/01/now-available-on-an-iphone-app.html
- Robert Scoble: http://scobleizer.com/2010/01/04/part-i-hot-startups-to-watch-in-2010-2/
- Guy Kawasaki: http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2010/01/how-to-make-an-iphone-app.html#axzz0bfyLOMYD
- Geoff Livingston: http://www.livingstonbuzz.com/2010/01/04/appmakr-makes-iphone-apps-accessible/
- TechMeme: http://www.techmeme.com/100104/p72#a100104p72 (2/3 down the page)
- MediaPost: http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=119935&nid=109352
- KillerStartups.com: http://www.killerstartups.com/Mobile/appmakr-com-create-mobile-apps-without-being-a-pro
- AppModo: http://appmodo.com/9308/make-your-own-iphone-app-with-appmakr/
- TECH Cocktail: http://techcocktail.com/home/2010/01/06/appmakr-launches-easy-mobile-app-creator/
- The Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010603681.html
- Mobile Marketing Watch: http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/appmakr-aims-to-make-everyone-an-app-maker-4861/
- BizReport: http://www.bizreport.com/2010/01/apps_for_everyone_with_pointabouts_appmakr.html
- Geek.com: http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/make-your-own-iphone-app-for-199-2010015/
- iFun.de (German): http://www.iphone-ticker.de/2010/01/05/appmakr-verspricht-schnelle-iphone-apps-fur-jedermann/#more-9205
One last thought is the phase we're entering now, which was referred to by Paul Graham as the "Trough of Sorrow". A business has a large initial spike in traffic, then it takes awhile to really work the kinks out and get traction. Here's a screenshot of the graph he drew on a whiteboard, and our traffic below:
Subscribe to DROdio
Get new posts sent to you. If you change your mind later, unsubscribe with one click.
You're a member of this community! Use the buttons on the right to vote on ths post or share it with others. Or leave a reply below.